Our therapists specialize in working with people of all ages and we are proud of our team-based approach when working with families. While our therapeutic foundation is based in the Gestalt therapy approach, our therapists utilize modalities such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), the Gottman method of couples counseling, mindfulness, yoga, and play therapy.
- Couples/Marital Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Child, Adolescent, Teen, and Parent Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Parenting Work
Therapy Rates & Insurance
The rates for therapy at Gestalt Columbus range from $115-$150 per 45-60 minute session. The fee varies based on the type of therapy (individual, couples, family, parenting work) and your therapist. The fee is payable to your therapist by cash, check, or credit card at each session. Longer sessions can be arranged and will be prorated accordingly.
Gestalt Columbus provides outpatient therapy only, and our therapists are accepted by most plans as an Out-of-Network provider. Many health insurance plans provide Out-of-Network coverage for counseling. If you choose to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement, your therapist will provide you with the necessary documentation. Please note that all insurance companies require your therapist to diagnose you with a mental illness in order to utilize your benefit. For this reason, many clients do not utilize insurance benefits.
If you prefer to utilize your insurance benefits, we recommend calling your insurance company and ask the following questions:
You: Hello, I’m a member and I’m interested in understanding my mental health benefits for outpatient care.
- What is my deductible? How much have I currently paid toward my deductible?
- Does my deductible apply to in-network mental health services?
- Does my deductible apply to out-of-network mental health services?
- What are my in-network mental health benefits?
- Do I need to pay a copay for each visit? If so, how much is the copay?
- Is there a limitation on the number of visits I am allowed? Does the copay change after a certain number of visits?
- What are my out-of-network mental health benefits?
- Do I need to pay coinsurance for each visit? If so, how much is coinsurance?
- How can I find the “allowed rate” or “usual, customary, reasonable” (UCR) rate to know how much I will be paying in coinsurance?
Your health insurance plan likely links to a document on their website called the “benefits summary” which describes all the benefits of your plan, including mental health benefits.
If you have any questions, please call and a member of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.